Barclays signs up as The Age of No Retirement’s first core member
Barclays Bank is the first Core Corporate Partner of ‘The Age of No Retirement?’ movement. Next week they will begin working with Barclays to rethink, rework and act upon the one of the biggest social challenges facing Britain today. They will deliver impactful projects and create incredible stories that clearly illustrate the benefits of age equality and intergenerational working & living.
These stories will be further amplified by drawing from the capabilities, learnings and inspiration from across ‘The Age of No Retirement?’ network. Details of the Barclays projects will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Manchester Event
‘The Age of No Retirement?’ movement for positive social change continues to develop, innovate and expand. The second design-led participatory event will build on the enormous success of the Bargehouse event in London held in October, and extend the exploration of this important social issue to the people and organisations in Northern England.
- 27-29 April 2015 at the People’s History Museum, Manchester. The People’s History Museum retells the socio-political history of the working people of England and, as such, is the perfect venue for the next ‘The Age of No Retirement?’ event.
- 2 days of impassioned discussions and design-led exploration PLUS a third day of learnings & storytelling from across ‘The Age of No Retirement?’ projects.
- 6 themes, 24 debates, 300 organisations, 600 people, 1000′s of insights & ideas.
- THE must-attend event of the social movement calendar.
- Put it in your diaries. Booking via Eventbrite opens in 2 weeks.
- For organisations: £20pp per half-day session. For the public: £5pp per half-day session.
- Sponsored by Barclays and Calouste Gulbenkian & Joseph Rowntree foundations.
- Sponsorship packages still available.
Want to be a debater or sponsor? Email ‘The Age of No Retirement?’: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the NEWS
‘The Age of No Retirement?’ has had a busy time in the media of late. On 19th December they were interviewed by both Sky News Radio (on the hidden value of older workers) and The Independent (as part of their coverage of Selfridges’ “Bright Old Things” exhibition). And, last Friday (16th January) they were on BBC Breakfast LIVE TV! The Friday show was the culmination of their week-long series on #Living Longer.
Word is spreading, interest is building. ‘The Age of No Retirement?’ is beginning to drive a fresh new way of thinking in the ageing sector – exploring opportunities (not the problems) is a society where people live longer – with hope and optimism.