Many older people alone and feel socially isolated. These are some of the statistics that inspired us to develop Visbuzz.
- People who are uncomfortable with technology
- 3.8 million people aged 65+ live alone 1
- More than 1 million people aged 65+ think their quality of life is poor or very poor 2
- 700,000 people aged 65+ state they are always or often lonely 3
- 11% (1.1m+) of those aged 65+ have less than monthly contact with family, friends or neighbours 7 42% of those aged 65+ say they would like to have more contact with thepeople they care about 5 500,000 people aged 65+ spent Christmas day alone in 2012 2
- 250,000 people aged 65+ speak to nobody on Christmas day 4
- The number of older people with moderate or severe disabilities is projected to increase by 32% by 2022 5