‘The Age of No Retirement?’ is a movement for social change – towards the creation of a society where every citizen has the skills, support and opportunities necessary to live a full, productive and fulfilling life.
‘The Age of No Retirement?’ event held at the OXO Bargehouse, London on 1-2 October 2014 identified 6 key campaigns that need to be brought to life. The 134 debaters and 380 participants also identified 4 or 5 proposals for action under each of the campaigns. Together, the 27 proposals describe the greatest opportunity for discovering value within a society where people are living longer, healthier and more productively than ever before.
THE FINDINGS: 6 CORE ACTION AREAS & 27 PROJECT PROPOSALS
We found that all of the ideas and insights had a connection with at least one of six core action areas:
- Rethink: the generational divide
- Rethink: design for positive change
- Rethink: the language
- Rethink: storytelling
- Rethink: the focus on ‘one life’
- Rethink: work & employability.
Under each of these action areas, 4 or 5 project proposals emerged. Together the 27 project proposals represent a clear recipe for action towards the effective rebalancing of society along age-neutral lines. For details of the action areas and project proposals, download the RETHINK-REWORK-ACT newspapers here.
How you can get involved:
‘The Age of No Retirement?’ is an enabler, a facilitator, a catalyst for positive social change. We want to bring together people and organisations across the UK to collaborate in delivering the 27 project proposals. Together we can make a difference.
- Share the ideas, support the project proposals, take action wherever you feel you can add most, tell positive stories.
- Become CHAMPIONS (organisations and individuals) to lead on delivery of project proposals.
- Visit the new website: www.ageofnoretirement.org
- Sign up for the newsletter. http://www.ageofnoretirement.org/get-involved.html
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get involved.
- Email email@example.com if you have an inspiring story to share.
Follow The Age of No Retirement on Twitter: @agenoretirement #ageofnoretirement.